All Co-op pharmacies are offering in-store complimentary flu shot immunizations. This year flu shots will be booked through a new centralized online booking system beginning October 18, but as always, your Calgary Co-op Pharmacy is here to help.
The following high-risk patients are eligible to receive their vaccine on a walk-in basis prior to October 18 based on availability:
All individuals must live, work or go to school in Alberta, must be five years of age or older and must show their Alberta Health Care card to be eligible for flu shots.
Book Now or Receive At Your Flu Shot Appointment
• Patients will be asked to wear a mask and sanitize their hands with an alcohol based rub prior to receiving their vaccine.
• Cleaning and disinfection of the immunization area (e.g., chairs, table, door handles) after each patient immunization. NOTE: Households can be immunized together.
• Injecting pharmacists will don protective PPE which includes masks, face shields, gloves and gowns.
• Routine environmental cleaning, especially in frequently visited areas (e.g., waiting area door handles, washrooms) and on high-touch surfaces at least twice a day.
1. Review what to except when getting your flu shot:
Before your appointment:
At the pharmacy:
2. Find a safe waiting area post-injection. Patients must remain in the store for 15 minutes post-injection to monitor for anaphylactic reactions.
3. Review post immunization after care guidance instructions:
Individuals who receive influenza immunization may experience side effects. These reactions are most often mild, develop within 24 hours and could last 24-48 hours.