The HUB can support biologic treatment for patients of:
• Family Physicians
We will work collaboratively with insurers and Patient Support Programs to ensure coverage is obtained as quickly as possible.
The HUB provides dedicated resources to ensure the patient has the support they need to initiate treatment quickly and provide ongoing follow-up ensuring there is no interruption of therapy. This includes:
• Completion of special authorization insurance forms
• Collaborating with Patient Support Programs for bridging therapy and co-pay assistance as required
• Coordination and initiation of yearly renewals and bloodwork reminders
• Onboarding training for patient starting new drugs including injection training and disease/medication education
• HUB will follow up with the patient regularly to monitor for efficacy, safety, and compliance
• Ongoing injection services for people with needle phobia
• We will communicate to all members of the health care team
In one appointment, our prescribing pharmacists are able to assess, prescribe and inject adult vaccinations based on guidelines and medication requirements. This includes shingles vaccine, Pneumovax-23 and Prevnar. See the full list of vaccinations here.
Calgary Co-op's Speciality HUB goes beyond just medication support. We also have a full dedicated team of clinical pharmacists who can provide services ranging from weight management, tobacco cessation, diabetes health and more.
If you are a patient, health professional or work with a patient support program, you may contact us directly for more information about our specialty pharmacy product offerings.
Learn how Calgary Co-op Pharmacy’s specialized HUB services can improve your patients’ overall care, and help coordinate your referrals for our wide-ranging professional services, download brochure.