November 5, 2016
On November 4th the newest store for Calgary Co-op will be opening and it starts a new evolution for the company.
“This is a really exciting time for Co-op,” says Vice-President of Marketing and Member Relations, Danielle Bussières. “Not only do we get to celebrate 60 years of being in Calgary but we get to do it with a beautiful new store.”
The store, located at #700 - 100 Auburn Meadows Dr. S.E., fills a need for a grocery store in a quickly growing and vibrant community.
“When I first moved here I was amazed at how well people in Calgary knew Co-op,” says Bussières. “It’s a company that has grown with families and communities so it seems right that there should be a brand new location in a new community.”
Co-op is also proud to be taking the opening of a new store as an opportunity to create new jobs and open the store with 50% brand new staff; primarily from the neighboring community.
To celebrate this opening the company is having numerous grand opening events all throughout the month of November (see below). They’re also celebrating until the 17th with a 60th anniversary contest.
A fitting connection to this store is that November 5 is #LoveYYC day which is a day to celebrate all the things that make Calgary such an amazing city.
Auburn Bay Grand Opening – Food store and Gas Bar
• Saturday, November 5th, store opens at 8:00am, activities start at 10:00am
• Lots of free samples in the food store
• Enter to win Fabulous Prizes, see www.calgarycoop.com/60 for details
• Kid’s entertainment including tattoo artist, balloon artist, jugglers, etc.
• Enjoy free coffee and “Big Cools” at the gas bar
• Meet Calgary Flames Alumni from 2-4pm
Stuff a Bus
• Saturday, November 5 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• A partnership between the City of Calgary, XL 103, AMP 90.3, and Calgary Co-op
• A City of Calgary bus will be parked at every Calgary Co-op food store, collecting donations on behalf of the Calgary Food Bank
• XL 103 will be recording live on site at the Auburn Bay Co-op, 100 Auburn Meadows Drive SE
Stay tuned for more great events throughout the month of November.
- Jeff C
Have you ever walked by the Co-op meat department, noticed a large glassed-in case with beef inside, and wondered what’s going on in there? That’s...
A little over thirteen months ago, a worldwide pandemic changed most of our lives dramatically.
Thinking of cooking up a feast this Easter? Whether you’re roasting meat or going vegetarian with a meatless main dish, you’ll want to elevate your...