Taste and tenderness beyond belief.
Marinating can add some incredible flavours to meat, and the Cal & Gary's Flavour Lock Chuck Flat Boneless Steak is a great example. The steak has a deep, rich flavour that makes it perfect by itself or as part of other dishes, like a steak salad.
There are countless kinds of marinade. They are usually made up of seasoning mixed with an acidic liquid like wine, vinegar, lemon juice or yoghurt. The meat is soaked in the marinade to add flavor (a lot) and tenderize the meat (a little).
• Use a fork to pierce the steak all over. This helps the marinade get deeper into the meat and increases tenderness.
• Place the steak in a sealable freezer bag with the marinade and refrigerate as directed (often 8 to 12 hours).
• Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry. Toss away the marinade.
• Cook over medium high heat turning at least twice.
• Carve across the grain to shorten the muscle fibers and maximize tenderness.