We all love a good steak. Well, get ready for great steak.
There are five different Cal & Gary's Flavour Lock grilling steaks available.
Total Grilling Time (minutes)
|Med-Rare 145°F (63°C)||Medium 160°F (71°C)||Well-done 170°F (77°C)|
|1 to 2 cm (½ to ¾ inch)||6-8||8-10||10-12|
|2.5 cm (1 inch)||10-12||12-14||14-18|
|4 cm (1½ inches)||18-20||20-28||30-36|
|5 cm (2 inches)||22-28||28-38||36-44|
1. Unwrap your AAA Alberta Beef Tomahawk steak and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Generously season with your favourite steak seasoning or simply use garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
3. Allow your Tomahawk to come to room temperature (approximately one hour).
4. Preheat barbeque to medium high heat (375-400ºF).
5. Sear Tomahawk on all sides including edges. Watch closely and move when flares occur.
6. Turn middle or one side of grill off and maintain a barbeque temperature of 325ºF.
7. Move Tomahawk off direct heat and let it cook inside the barbeque until desired temperature is reached. See temperature table. You could use a meat thermometer.
8. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes for carving temperature to be reached.
9. This is where the fun begins! Place your Tomahawk on a cutting board and bring to the table to show off this masterpiece.
10. Leave Tomahawk face up and slice into thick pieces away from the bone.
11. Season it once sliced with coarse salt.
12. Serve guests their portion directly to their plate to ensure all the juices and flavour remain with every serving. Offer someone the bone – it is the best part!
13. Enjoy! You are eating every butcher’s favourite cut of meat!
|Temperature||Remove from Barebeque||Carving Temperature|