- 1/2 pkg Calgary Co-op zucchini noodles
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups good-quality tomato sauce
- 1/2 - 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- olive or canola oil, for cooking
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Spread the zucchini chips out in a single layer (or as close to it as you can) on an oiled or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and toss gently with your hands to lightly coat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes, or until softened (but not too soft).
- Spread about 1/4 cup of tomato sauce over the bottom of a buttered casserole dish or shallow tart pan.
- Layer half the zucchini (use tongs if they’re still warm), then spread over half the remaining tomato sauce and half the Parmesan.
- Layer over the rest of the zucchini, the rest of the tomato sauce and the rest of the Parmesan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and golden around the edges.
- Roasting the zucchini first releases some of its moisture before it goes into the pan. If you like, drop half a cup or so of ricotta in spoonfuls between the layers of zucchini.
- Scatter over the Parmesan by feel—if it’s freshly grated and fluffy, it will measure more than if it’s in larger shreds and dense.
There are more great recipe ideas that incorporate veggie noodles!
Bread & Butter Zucchini Pickles
Butternut Squash Noodles with Spinach & Mushrooms
Veggie Slaw with Peanut Sauce
Zucchini Noodle Carbonara
Sweet Potato Latkes