- 2 roast chickens (from the deli)
- 1 onion, chopped
- drizzle oil
- 5 or 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger (fresh), grated
- 2 tsp curry paste or powder
- 2-3 cups vegetables (firm, such as carrots, cauliflower, peppers or sweet potatoes)
- 2-3 cups vegetables (fragile, such as peas, asparagus, spinach or chard)
- 2 cans (14-oz/398 ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup salsa
- to taste salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Remove meat from 2 deli roast chickens (reserve the legs for dinner) and chop or shred it.
- In a large, heavy skillet, sauté a chopped onion in a drizzle of oil until soft; add 5-6 crushed cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger and 2 tsp curry paste or powder; cook for another minute. Add 2-3 cups chopped firm veggies, such as carrots, cauliflower, peppers or sweet potato. Cook for a few minutes, then add two 14-oz (398-mL) cans coconut milk and 1 cup salsa and bring to a simmer. Add 2-3 cups fragile veggies, such as peas, asparagus, spinach or chard. Cook until veggies are just tender, add salt and pepper and adjust the seasonings, then stir in the chicken. Cool and freeze. Makes about 15 servings.
To reheat: Thaw in the fridge, or place directly from the freezer into a saucepan set over medium heat.