- 1/4 cup butter
- dizzle canola or olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper
- half 1 lb pkg Co-op butternut squash noodles
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, torn or chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream or half & half
- grated Parmesan or crumbled goat cheese
How to Make It
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the butter and a drizzle of oil and once the butter has melted, add the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until softened and starting to turn golden. Add the garlic and a big pinch of salt and pepper and cook for another minute. Transfer to a bowl or plate and add another drizzle of oil to the pan.
- Add the squash noodles and cook, tossing with tongs, for a few minutes.
- Add the spinach and cream and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach wilts and the squash is al dente, like regular pasta.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan and grate over some parmesan or crumble in some goat cheese.
- Toss to warm through and serve immediately.
There are more great recipe ideas that incorporate veggie noodles!
Bread & Butter Zucchini Pickles
Veggie Slaw with Peanut Sauce
Zucchini Noodle Carbonara
Zucchini Noodle Parmesan
Sweet Potato Latkes