As your homegrown grocer, we’re enhancing your food shopping experience. Starting in April, you’ll be able choose from an enhanced selection of products with even more locally sourced items. Your family will love our private brand – Cal&Gary’s and Founders and Farmers – exclusive to Calgary Co-op. And you’ll enjoy new ways to save including $1.49 days and BIG DEAL!
As a locally-owned cooperative, our goal is to be your best, most trusted place to shop – every day. That’s as important today as it was in 1956, when Calgary Co-op was founded to serve local member-owners. And we want to be here for you for years to come.
As a result, we are making three exciting enhancements for you and for our community:
1. A new and enhanced selection of products - tailored to the tastes and habits of our members, with more products sourced directly from local producers and farmers.
2. Your very own line of Calgary Co-op private brand products – Cal&Gary’s and Founders and Farmers – prepared especially for you, and focused on quality, value, and the uniqueness of Calgary.
3. A new flyer exclusive to Calgary Co-op, filled with local savings, events and inspiration - making shopping for your week even easier and more interesting.
To accomplish these changes, we’ve hired more local team members in our marketing, merchandising and grocery teams. Please continue to watch our emails, stores, and website for details on these exciting and crucial changes for our food evolution.
Rest assured that we will continue to be a member-owned and community-minded co-operative. Our ongoing commitments to you include:
• Ensuring our products are the freshest including our produce, meat, fish, deli and bakery
• Sourcing all our fresh beef locally through our ‘Only Alberta Beef’ program
• Offering you the ability to shop online or pick-up in-store for Co-op Wine Spirits Beer
• Increasing the number of local items we carry
• Investing in Calgary with redevelopments and a new store in Sage Hill coming Fall 2020
• Being an environmental leader with an ongoing desire to make strides in plastic reduction and energy efficiency
• Providing you with the best health and wellness products on the market as evidenced by our recent acquisition of Community Natural Foods
We are excited to share these changes with you as we work hard to make your shopping experience the very best, every day. We remain part of the family of co-operatives across Western Canada, as a member owner of Federated Cooperatives, continuing to purchase petroleum from them.
On behalf of all 3,850 of our team members who serve your needs, we assure you that Calgary Co-op is here for you, to offer our members the shopping experience, products and service you’ve come to expect of us!
We took some of the top questions we’ve been hearing from members and posed them to our CEO and Board chair in the middle of our Midtown location.
These videos will provide you with insight about the need and vision for our food changes.